7 Best OTT Platforms of 2022 (Ranked and Reviewed)
Choosing the right OTT platform is crucial to delivering the best video streaming experience. From movies or episodes to educational courses and tutorials, the best OTT platforms provide easy access to your content. In this guide, I ranked and reviewed the 7 best OTT platforms, so that you can pick the best one for you.
Uscreen is the leading turn-key video content monetization platform that helps creators sell their videos online.
An OTT and streaming provider that features numerous broadcast channels, versatile monetization methods, and more.
An OTT provider that designs maximum potential to stream any media across multiple devices be it live or video on demand.
Dacast offers both OTT VoD and live streaming solutions across numerous platforms and mobile devices with access to international markets.
Muvi takes a full-stack approach to OTT video on demand, video hosting, audio hosting, and live OTT streaming.
We’re reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The way we consume video is undergoing a massive disruption.
The technology behind these digital media services is called over-the-top (OTT) platforms.
Popular services that use OTT technology include Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Apple TV+, Disney Plus, HBO Now, Peacock, iTunes, etc.
Viewers only need a streaming media device like Smart TVs, a Roku, or a gaming console to view their content.
And today, any content creator can use an OTT platform to provide this same viewing experience to their audience – and monetize it.
For example, if you’re a fitness instructor and decide to launch a website, you can use OTT to offer on-demand fitness classes for a monthly subscription fee. If you’re a business coach and sell original content made in the form of online courses or live stream events, you can use an OTT platform to provide video courses as a monthly subscription.
Let’s dive a little deeper into OTT platforms.
An over-the-top (OTT) platform is a service that enables you to deliver video and live stream feeds to any internet-enabled device. This allows you to deliver and monetize video content directly to viewers without any third-party platform.
Essentially, these platforms are popular for VoD (video on demand) and live high-quality streaming services. However, they also provide other services like messaging services, audio streaming, VoIP, and more.
And not just streaming the videos over the internet – an OTT platform also enables you to:
- Manage videos.
- Record live streams in HD.
- Distribute content through global CDNs.
- Monetize your videos in different ways.
- Offer video subscription packages.
- Leverage end-user analytics.
- Customize your online player.
Here are my top picks for the best OTT platforms.
Best Overall OTT Platform for Video Monetization ($79 per month).
I personally love Uscreen as the video content monetization platform to use. Whether it’s to stream on-demand, or stream live content directly to your audience, their all-in-one platform can cater to your needs.
Overall OTT Platform
$79/mo – $159/mo
Yes – Save 20%
Uscreen is the leading OTT platform that launches and manages video streaming apps for both TV and smartphones. With an average launch time of 30-60 days, it’s one of the fastest OTT platforms.
From publishing your OTT apps to automated updates, Uscreen.tv takes care of the heavy lifting.
Monetization of Video on Demand (VoD) and global live streaming services also make it an excellent option.
The turnkey video monetization platform offers multiple pricing models, including fixed price, subscription, rentals/PPV, bundles, freemium, and free trials.
What’s more, its fast encoding provides a 4K UHD video experience across platforms on any type of internet connection available.
The branding freedom to personalize your app and align it with your brand is another great feature, making Uscreen my go-to video platform for building your brand with monetizable content.
Check out my in-depth Uscreen review.
That’s not all. It also offers powerful security features, including SSL, secured payment data, 24/7 monitoring, and complete data ownership.
To summarize, here are some of its most sought after features:
- Built-in analytics to track user behavior
- Centralized CRM
- In-app notifications and purchases
- Offline viewing
- Average release time 30-60 days
- It lets you keep 100% of your revenue
- Reduce Churn Tool – It decreases your churn rate by up to 35 percent while increasing customer loyalty.
- HTML5 Online Video Player – It’s a fully white-labeled HTML5 player that offers buffer-free online video streaming with cross-device Full HD quality.
- Customizable VoD Templates – Offers tailor-made customizable VoD templates and video website themes to create a stunning online presence and monetize your videos. You can also add a logo and adjust colors to meet your branding needs.
- The ‘Try Again for Free’ feature helps you win back customers who canceled the subscription.
- Its HTML5 player also supports screen readers and VTT captions.
- It comes powered with two leading global CDNs (Content Delivery Network).
- It supports Apple Airplay and Chromecast.
- Built-in sales and checkout pages provide seamless customer experience.
- You get free web hosting with SSL at no extra cost.
Uscreen offers three pricing plans:
- Basic: $79 per month, billed annually
- Growth: $159 per month, billed annually
- Uscreen Plus: Call for a quote
All the plans include some standard features like global CDN, geo-blocking restrictions, 99.9% uptime, unlimited encoding, and more. You also get a 14-day free trial.
Get started with Uscreen.
All-in-one OTT platform with a complete suite of streaming features (Quote-based).
Want to feature several channels and monetize them just the way you want to? Setplex provides the services for IPTV, content owners, government IPTV, and more. If you’re looking for a simple, powerful, and affordable solution, then Setplex would be my recommendation.
Contact Their Team
Get A Quote
Setplex is a complete OTT and streaming services provider that features numerous broadcast channels, a feature-intense web control panel, versatile monetization methods, and more.
Other major solutions include:
- API Integration.
- Ad monetization.
- Real-time analytics.
- Multi-screen apps.
- CRM built for OTT.
They also have all essentials covered, such as subscriptions, multi-CDN strategy, broadcasting, and distribution. The OTT platform distributes your content to various platforms, including Smart TV, mobile, tablets, Android TV, Apple TV, and Computers.
You can also leverage advanced features like on-cloud or on-premise management of your entire platform centrally. They’ll even make your OTT app available on ten app stores and directories instantly.
Middleware integration is also a bonus. It allows you to edit your user interface, content, main menu, and more with straightforward, user-guided clicks.
Coming to the analytics, they let you track data and your OTT’s performance in real-time. You get access to metrics like content consumption, popular content, revenue, and other subscriber data. In addition, Setplex allows you to export data to third-party apps.
- OTT Distribution – Transcode your satellite broadcast to IP and distribute it over OTT.
- Content Management – Group your channels and VOD content into seasons, categories, sub-categories, and episodes.
- Multiple Monetization Options – Monetize your OTT content via subscriptions (SVOD), pay-per-view (PPV), rental (TVOD), and advertising (AVOD).
- The ability to customize the user interface across nine platforms.
- Adaptive bit rate allows optimized delivery across mobile phone, tablet, SmartTV, or Set-top-box.
- Customize packages to support as many devices as desired.
- Launch your OTT platform within 24 hours.
Fill out this inquiry form for quote-based plans.
Get Started With Setplex.
3. CONTUS VPlayed.
All-Inclusive Whitelabel OTT Solution with Powerpact Streaming Suite (Quote-based).
If you want to stream to any device, both live or on-demand, and want to ensure compatibility with such devices, then VPlayed in the answer. With faster implementation and deployment than its competitors, I recommend this solution for its many streaming features.
Contact Their Team
Get a Quote
CONTUS VPlayed is a supreme OTT platform provider that innovatively designs maximum potential to stream any media across multiple devices such as Web, Android, iOS & SmartTV, be it live or video on demand.
They serve as an ideal solution for content owners, media & broadcasters, educationists, fitness enthusiasts, filmmakers, religious leaders, and many more in the online streaming industry.
They have assisted 100+ top leading brands in 70 countries for launching their thriving OTT platform. Also, it supports content owners to migrate their existing platform to VPlayed without losing any data.
Having said that, platform providers bridge the gap between technology and content creativity allowing you to take complete control over your launched platform for lifetime ownership.
VPlayed’s primary focus is on revolutionizing online streaming standards & monetization with the resourceful internet, in order to build multicast services preferred by audiences worldwide.
Moreover, VPlayed enables you to become the sole entrepreneur by monetizing every content that you stream without sharing any profits.
Professional streamers have an edge over a highly competent tech stack named Microservice Architecture. It allows reliable delivery of collective casting services which is easily maintainable.
Some of the major solutions that are furnished in the platform are:
- Fully Customizable Solution
- Live Streaming
- Content Partner Portal
- Live to VOD
- Any Third-Party Service Integrations
- Native OTT Apps
CONTUS VPlayed has all kinds of essentials that you’ll need to build a pro-OTT streaming platform that empowers you with 150+ features and diverse 6+ monetization models and shields your content’s integrity which is priceless.
Your preferred OTT infrastructure is well-supported with the world’s popular CDN networks, best-inbuilt security protocols. Additionally, with phenomenal video marketing solutions, and scalable analytics will help you to stay on top of the game.
- Security – Secure your valuable inputs within the streaming media using rigid-fix protocols like Multi DRM, AES Encryption, Video Paywall, Watermarking, etc.
- Video CMS – Categorize & manage assets in an all-in-one centralized video CMS platform to bulk upload, drag & drop, schedule videos, & more.
- Monetization – Gain high revenue from best OTT business models like SVOD, TVOD, AVOD, CatchUp TV, Coupons & Promotions, etc.
- Video Marketing – Get an unmatched online video marketing suite to convert your leads into prospective deals with tools like recommendation engines, social publishing, etc.
- HLS Player – Stream videos with 360° compilations in 4K quality having buffer-free renditions in no time along with multiformat support within the HLS video player.
- The options to integrate platform either on cloud or at your premise is now your choice
- Get a completely customized OTT solution as per your business requirements
- Build your OTT platform with one-time standardized licensing cost
- Establish complete control in your OTT platform with Whitelabel services & own it for lifelong.
- Enable video delivery across multiple devices like Web, Mobile, SmartTV for cross-platform viewability
- Partner with other content aggregators to stream with monitored portal accessibility
All plans are subject to a number of customization and features required within niche business models.
Talk to their experts by filling out this inquiry form to have personalized plans and for the exact pricing structure.
Get started right away with VPlayed’s free demo today.
An end-to-end SaaS OTT and VoD hosting solution ($39 per month).
Streaming secure events to an international audience used to be complicated. Dacast makes the whole process as straightforward as it can be. With 24/7 support, I recommend them if you want to be up and running quickly.
Yes – Save 25%
Dacast offers both OTT VoD and live streaming solutions across numerous platforms and mobile devices. It provides a wide range of options for access to the Chinese market, which increases your content footprint.
You can also build professional workflows with live stream recording, video transcoding, and an all-device video player.
The Akamai CDN ensures high-quality video streaming. This white-label OTT platform also customizes your service with your branding.
Some of its top features include:
- All-in-one streaming OTT solution
- 24/7 customer support
- High-quality live streaming with top CDNs
- All-device HTML5 player
- Easy integration of VoDs with APIs
- Smooth monetization
What’s more, its APIs and SDKs let you develop your own mobile app or OTT platform. DaCast also offers you complete control over your content and reliable security.
- China Video Hosting – DaCast has tie-ups with China-based CDN services to provide you access to over 1.4 billion potential viewers. It offers multiple points of presence (PoPs) across Mainland China.
- Video Hosting Manager – It allows you to upload, organize, monetize, transcode, analyze, and share your videos. You can also use its APIs to create custom automated workflows.
- Broadcast Live Sports – Monetize your live sports coverage with subscriptions, ads, or pay-per-view methods. You can also embed your live video stream on a website and record it to offer it as a VoD.
- Buffer-free video streaming adapts the quality of the video based on your internet speed.
- Video transcoding creates different renditions of the same video.
- 24/7 network monitoring provides you with enhanced security.
- Host live classes remotely and enable viewers to pay in real-time.
- Pre-schedule your videos to ensure 24/7 broadcast.
- Use FTP to upload large videos or multiple videos in a batch.
Dacast offers four pricing plans:
- Starter: $39 per month, billed annually.
- Event: $63 per month, billed annually.
- Scale: $188 per month, billed annually.
- Custom: Quote-based high volume plan.
All plans come with features like unlimited live events, ad-free HD streaming, custom branding, and more.
Get started with Dacast.
Best OTT Platform for Audio and Video Streaming.
Thinking about launching your own audio or video streaming platform? Then you should go for Muvi. With an all inclusive mobile website included in their plan, you’ll be able to set up and launch instantly. Having the ability to stream audio only is also a nice feature to have.
Full OTT Solution
Yes – Save 15%
Muvi is hands down one of the absolute best platforms on the OTT market. They are one of the few OTT platforms that also focus on audio-only streaming.
Muvi takes a full-stack approach to OTT video on demand, video hosting, audio hosting, and live OTT streaming. Instead of only focusing on video they focus on full-stack, multi-media. This makes it the perfect choice if your brand is focused on being a media empire in your niche.
Out of all the OTT platforms, Muvi is the one that can truly handle all of your multi-media needs.
Let’s break down some of the specific features that make this one of the best OTT platforms.
Some of the top OTT services that Muvi offers:
Live streaming of any kind from comedy to news to sports.
Video On Demand capabilities so you can build your very own Netflix. (Billing, CMS, Mobile & TV apps, & more.)
Audio and music streaming features allow you to build your very own Spotify.
Live broadcast radio so you can have your own radio show(s) that you are 100% in control of with zero hassle.
- Use your own domain name to host all of your content.
- Ability to create a native IOS and Android app.
- Smart TV App capabilities.
- Accept payments from multiple currencies and integrate a number of payment gateways.
- Take advantage of multiple video monetization methods like subscriptions, PPV, and video advertising.
- Video and Audio OTT all-in-one platform – Muvi is one of the only OTT platforms that allows you to monetize video and audio content all in one place.
- Built-in Monetization – Muvi gives you so many options for monetization. From subscriptions to video advertising, the platform literally lets you monetize your content in any way that you would like.
- Audience Building – You can create a mobile app for IOS or Android or create a smart TV app. This allows you to grow your audience and expand the reach of your content.
- Zero Coding – With Muvi you are able to do everything without having to write a single line of code.
Muvi offers four pricing tiers.
- Standard starting at $399 per month
- Professional starting at $1,499 per month
- Enterprise starting at $3,900 per month
- Ultimate starting at $8,900 per month
They also offer a “Black” plan that offers almost unlimited everything and premium support.
6. IBM Watson Media.
For enterprises looking for a scalable OTT service with no budget constraint ($99 per month).
IBM manages, measures, and monetizes your videos and streams them across a multitude of platforms. It offers multiple cloud streaming and video services, including storage and GPU computing.
You also get video hosting, live streaming, transcoding, automated speech to text, and powerful analytics.
The machine learning capabilities help you increase engagement with the viewers. It also monitors real-time measurements to track the performance of videos and make data-driven decisions. Cloud-based Watson Media also offers multiple CDNs to deliver your video content globally on any device.
Here are some of its highlights:
- Ad-based (AVOD) and subscription-based (SVOD)
- Both live and on-demand VoD streaming
- Automated video publishing and closed captioning
- Multi-DRM and language support
- And more
- Live Chat and Q&A – These features enable you to engage with the audience in real-time during a live stream. It offers built-in moderation, user management, and user upvoting.
- Customization & Branding – Integrated branding options let you customize the channel according to your video requirement. You can also showcase already live-streamed videos and upcoming events.
- Copyright – IBM takes care of any plagiarism or copyright issue automatically. Its copyright enforcement service detects plagiarised content instantly and terminates the broadcast for copyright content.
- Schedule videos to play at specific times. You can also trigger automatic looped playback of live video streaming.
- The mobile compatible player renders HD video on screens on any size.
- Simplified metadata compilation and ingestion of videos.
- Record your live streaming video privately. You can also share the video publicly later.
- No capping on resolution or bitrate.
- Monetize your videos through ads or third-party services.
IBM Watson Media provides three pricing plans:
- Silver: $99 per month
- Gold: $499 per month
- Platinum: $999 per month
You also get a 30-day free trial with a complete feature set.
Live-streaming for business-critical applications ($125 per month).
Wowza’s full-service OTT platform delivers reliable and scalable solutions for any industry. It comes equipped with its own CDNs for reliable delivery of content across the globe. It offers fine-grained control over the video format, delivery options, and video quality.
You also get access to patented Wowza software tailor-made for flawless live streaming performance. The Extensible Modular Architecture even lets you scale your videos’ live streaming performance instantly.
Wowza provides industry-leading streaming technology, such as:
- Cloud Streaming Service – For live-event streaming with minimal setup and integration with numerous custom applications.
- Streaming Server Software – For powerful, customizable features.
- Live Encoding Solution – It lets you manage and monitor your video production remotely.
- Live Streaming Expertise – It provides extensive support with everything, from onboarding to app development.
What’s more, Woeza’s powerful APIs and SDKs help you build a highly customized video streaming infrastructure. Its on-premise streaming servers help you live stream in a secure environment.
- VR & 360° Streaming – Wowza enables you to stream 360-degree videos in 4K quality globally for gaming and other purposes.
- Browser-Based Live Streaming – Its WebRTC delivers real-time communications directly from the browser. You can also enhance it through Wowza’s streaming engine.
- Mobile App – Wowza’s mobile app helps you start live streaming instantly. It enables you to capture, encode, and stream live videos via 3G, 4G, and Wi-Fi networks.
- Embed IP camera streams in mobile apps and web apps to stream online videos without any encoder.
- It offers live support during live streaming events to sail through any technical glitch effortlessly.
- Its adaptive bit-rate streaming ensures smooth video streaming on all devices with any internet speed.
- Easily ingest streams to any encoder and deliver it globally on any player.
- It offers multi-level security with token authentication, encryption of incoming and outcoming streams, and digital rights management (DRM).
- Multiple cloud service OTT providers enable high-quality delivery via a reliable infrastructure.
Wowza offers two pricing plans:
- Wowza Streaming Cloud: $85 per month (prepaid annually)
- Wowza Streaming Engine: $175 per month (prepaid annually)
Suitable for a flexible and collaborative OTT experience for corporate purposes (Request-based pricing structure).
Kaltura offers live and video-on-demand SaaS solutions to promote collaboration, training, communication, marketing, and sales. It offers a host of video communication tools, including meetings, virtual classrooms, webinars, town halls, podcasts, and pitch video messaging.
With Kaltura, you can also hold virtual meetings with any number of participants. Its advanced analytics tools for VoD and live streaming help you gauge your videos’ performance in real-time.
On top of that, it comes with a cloud platform ready for TV shows, you’ll be able to meet all your video-streaming demands.
For that, its cloud TV platform provides services like:
- It offers live TV and highly personalized on-demand user experience.
- It promises a 99.995% uptime.
- Fully modular and provides integration with several third-party services.
- And more.
Kaltura also offers an open API-based architecture to integrate reliably with any system, including Zoom, Teams, Webex, data systems, marketing automation, and more.
- Interactive Video – Its interactive tools enable you to create, share, and embed personalized videos to boost learning, engagement, and conversion.
- Create Podcasts – Easily create, edit, or upload podcast episodes and playslits of TV channels viin your Kaltura video portal. Its mobile app also provides powerful content creation tools to create and upload a podcast directly.
- Kaltura Pitch – Grab attention easily with ‘Kaltura Pitch’ videos. Send video and track all the viewer activity, such as when they open the video, how they interacted with the video and more. You can use it for a sales pitch, internal communication, or executive messaging.
- Capture videos with a user-centric interface and intuitive experience.
- Capture multi-stream recordings synchronized with PowerPoint presentations and screen capture.
- Easily add transcriptions, captions, and translations to your video to increase engagement and discoverability.
- The ‘Townhall feature’ creates engaging webcasts powered with interactive elements.
- It offers live quizzes, breakout rooms, polls, collaborative whiteboards, and notetaking, to keep the engagement alive.
- Track video responses and interactions to boost sales.
Whether you are still a startup or an enterprise, get in touch with Kaltura to learn more about their prices. Kaltura also provides a 30-days free trial.
9. JW Player Live.
Launch new apps on mobile and connected TV effectively (quote-based pricing).
JW Player helps you reach your viewership anywhere and launch new apps on mobile and TV. Its OTT apps provide scalable solutions to launch and monetize videos. It also offers powerful ad support to maximize your CPMs (cost per mile) across screens and platforms.
What’s more, its recommendation engine delivers the most relevant and engaging content to your viewers in real-time. The HTML5 player uses HLS and DASH adaptive streaming for faster delivery of videos and ads.
You can also deliver a fully branded customer experience by configuring your video player using CSS customization and APIs. Moreover, it lets you control your branding by adjusting the color, thumbnails, speed, and more.
- Mobile SDKs – It adds JW Player functionality to native iOS and Android mobile apps to deliver consistent video playback across multiple devices.
- OTT Apps – It offers turnkey and custom solutions to launch a scalable OTT app within a few weeks.
- Article Matching – Its Article Matching feature automatically inserts the most relevant video from your video content library into any post. It claims that it would boost your video plays by up to 19 percent.
- It works efficiently with any video ad network, server, or exchange. It also offers built-in support for SpotX, Google IMA, Google DFP, AdX, and FreeWheel.
- It supports parameter passback and Google Ad Manager support to help you run ads easily.
- Apart from native analytics tools, it also offers integration with Google Analytics, Nielsen, Adobe, Comscore, Conviva, and more.
- It helps you go live within 30 seconds. You can also broadcast replays in under 1 minute.
- Its multiple latency settings help you reach the audience on any platform and device.
JW Player Live offers three pricing plans:
- Free: It offers a 30 day free-trial
- Starter: $10 per month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
JW Player offers customized pricing plans for enterprises based on their requirements.
10. Vimeo OTT.
Full-scale subscription service provider for your video content ($1 per subscriber).
Vimeo Livestream is a popular choice for launching your video subscription service. Its internal video gallery works as a centralized dashboard. Hence, you can manage, control, access, publish, and archive your all video at a single place.
The good thing is you don’t have to hire any support team to handle the tech. Vimeo does all the heavy lifting for you.
Here’s a list of all the features you get with any the Vimeo subscription plan:
- Free migration, no downtime
- In-app purchase
- Live streaming with auto-archive
- Real-time insights
- 24/7 customer support for your subscribers
It also offers practical customization tools for your branding requirements. With Vimeo, you can also live-stream your videos at 1080p flawlessly. What’s more, keep all your live and on-demand videos in a centralized location and showcase them with the required customization.
- Monetization – It supports the pay-per-view and subscription sales model to help you monetize your videos.
- Video API – Use Vimeo’s video API to customize your video content management system. You can also create a third-party video streaming application with its custom API.
- Content Delivery – Its internal server network enables global content delivery and adaptive bitrate streaming.
- It comes with live polls, audience chat, Q&A, and graphical overlays to produce professional live streaming events.
- To gauge the performance of your videos, it offers shareable user-level analytics, location analytics, and engagement graphs.
- Implement digital rights management (DRM) to protect your videos from piracy.
- You can provide access to over ten users to manage your video content on Vimeo.
- It provides bandwidth and storage at highly competitive prices.
- Easily embed background videos on the website.
Vimeo offers three pricing plans:
- Starter (For all the basic to start your web-based channel): $1 per subscriber
- Growth (Suitable for a growing OTT business): $500 per month billed annually
- Enterprise (Advanced features to help you scale your OTT business): Quote-based plan
You can try any of the plans free for 30 days. Or you can join Vimeo Basic that lets you upload HD videos without paying a single dime.
Two other OTT services that you might want to consider are Amazon Fire TV and Hotstar.
With the burst of high-speed internet and access to cheaper mobile devices, the global OTT revenue is likely to surpass $150 billion by 2024. That’s a massive opportunity.
However, there are countless OTT platforms to choose from. Here are a few basic features that you must look at in an OTT platform for reliable video streaming to cut the clutter.
- HTML5 Video – To enable high-quality and buffer-free video streaming, you need a reliable and tightly coded HTML5 player. It should also come with adaptive bitrate streaming to render video smoothly on all devices with any internet bandwidth.
- High Customization – To meet your branding needs, make sure that your OTT platform offers ample customization for its video player and library. For instance, you should be able to tweak the colors and embed your own logo.
- Live Streaming Tools – Look for tools like real-time comments, Q&A, payment, and polls. These tools will help you produce a more engaging and professional live streaming event.
- Custom SDKs and APIs – The SDKs and APIs help you create a highly customized video streaming platform. It will also help you in delivering consistent playback of video across multiple applications.
- In-depth Reporting – Make sure that your OTT platform offers a powerful analytics tool to gauge your videos’ performance and customer engagement in real-time. You should have options to track your video views, revenues, and engagement in real-time.
- Multi-language Support – It’s critical to support your content in different local languages. An OTT platform should come with an automatic language identification tool to make subtitles and closed captions available in various languages.
- 4K Support – With the rise of high-resolution devices and 4K TVs, many OTT platforms now offer 4K support. It ensures that viewers will be able to watch your videos in the original resolution.
- Security – Another good reason to invest in an OTT platform is because it offers data security . Look for encryption, watermarking tools that prevent unauthorized usage of your video content. These features will help you protect your IPs and block pirates at all costs.
- Multi-platform Support – With the huge number of mobile devices and smart TVs, it’s important that the OTT platform you choose supports all major operating systems and devices. It should also come with support for Chromecast, Airplay, and other native mobile mirroring tools.
- Live Video on Demand – OTT platforms with live video on demand feature allows users to watch videos at any time without any ads. So, your viewers won’t have to wait for the live stream to begin before they can watch your videos.
- Automatic Transcoding – An OTT platform with automatic transcoding ensures that all of your videos are converted into multiple formats and resolutions based on device requirements. This helps you deliver high-quality video playback across different devices effortlessly.
That’s my list of the best OTT platforms to try this year for your video streaming services.
All platforms offer a few unique features and some basic capabilities. But all of them are suitable for streaming VoDs and live events. Review your requirements carefully and decide on an appropriate budget. It will help you make a more objective decision.
My final recommendation: if you want the best overall OTT platform, Uscreen is your clear #1 choice.
Make sure to review all of the platform’s features carefully before making your final decision.
Which OTT platform are you planning to use? Let me know in the comments below.